Roofing Companies Charleston SC | Top Five Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Roof
Roofing Companies Charleston SC | Replacing the roof on your South Carolina Home home is a relatively large undertaking that should be completed by professional roofing companies in Charleston SC. Knowing the warning signs of your roof failing is essential to avoid leaks, water damage, and significant energy losses. Pay attention to these top five signs it’s time to replace your roof, then get ready to call roofing companies in Charleston SC.
- Warped or Missing Shingles- If you look up at your shingled roof and see the shingles are curling, buckling, or just completely missing; you need to call roofing companies in Charleston SC. There’s a chance a few singles that are damaged can be replaced, but most people that need to replace several decide to replace their roof.
- Algae Growing or Black Stripes- Bacteria can damage your roof shingles by eating away the weatherproofing which causes algae to grow, especially on low-grade shingles with limestone filling. The algae will then start to destroy the limestone, causing black lines called tar streaking to appear on your shingles. If you notice these lines or algae growing on your roof, it’s time to replace.
- Mold and Mildew- Moisture and mildew in an attic that is not adequately vented can cause plywood that supports your roof to rot. This can happen with old and new attics, and the cause is usually too much insulation that blocks the air ducts. Mold and mildew are also health hazards, and you may need mold remediation included with your new roof.
- Temperature Differences- If your attic is not part of your central air or heating system, the attic should be the same temperature, or near to, the outside temperature. Ventilation in the attic should circulate the indoor and outdoor air to prevent ice dam formation. If the outside temperature is colder than the indoor temperature, you’re at risk for an ice-damaged roof.
- Chimney Condensation or Leaking- The roof and chimney need to be adequately flashed so seal your home from the elements. If your chimney is collecting condensation or water inside your home, your roof may need to be resealed with a leak barrier on the sidewalls, eaves, or rake. If your roof is not sealed correctly, you may also get the mold, mildew, and algae warned about above.
If you’ve seen these signs, call Bone Dry Roofing Company in Charleston, SC at 1-855-BONEDRY